'Aishwarya' overtakes 'Sevanthi...' in Kannada film race
Bangalore : Upendra- and Deepika Padukone-starrer "Aishwarya" is the undoubted leader among this fortnight's Kannada films.
The top five Kannada films are:
1. "Aishwarya" - The film has elicited such a huge response in the opening week that the industry has already declared it a big hit. Directed by Indrajith Lankesh, it is expected to have a sustained run and the credit goes to Upendra's performance and Deepika's glamour.
2. "Sevanthi Sevanthi" - It has already completed 100 days in major centres and is set for a silver-jubilee run in at least two or three centres. Directed by S. Narayan, the film has given actor Vijaya Raghavendra a fresh lease of life.
3. "Neenello Naanalle" - The film, which has completed 50 days, has given a big boost to Anirudh's career. The songs have contributed to its success.
4. "Mohini 9886088888" - It has done well in major centres like Bangalore and Mysore, but the film's performance in other cities has not been up to the mark. However, hero Audithya has proved that he can get a good opening.
5. "Ganda Hendathi" - The film has completed 50 days in Bangalore. But its collections in many other centres have plummeted, maybe because the 'A' certificate given to this remake of Hind film "Murder" is keeping family audiences away.